Out of the box gift ideas from our own Master Gardener Richard Nunnally
Last Friday we shared Virginia Home Grown host Amy Barton Williams' list of gift ideas for gardeners. But wait, there's more! VHG host Richard Nunnally has some gift ideas for gardeners that are a bit more out-of-the-box, so to speak. These will make wonderful experiences for your friends who love gardens and being outdoors:
- A gift membership to Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden - a gift that will keep on giving all year long. The garden is different every week, if not every day. This gift would be remembered by the receiver and help maintain this wonderful garden.
- An evening horse-drawn carriage ride for two at Maymont, hosted by Maymonts Peggy Singlemann and accompanied by a bottle of nice wine. What a wonderfully romantic way to see one of Richmond's greatest horticultural treasures.
So there you have it - 6 great gift ideas from Amy and 2 more from Richard, plenty to satisfy any garden lover on your list.
If you want more gift ideas - try:
- A Gift List for the Garden Lover in Your Life (Amy Barton Williams's list) and
- Top Gifts for World Music Fans
- Classic Gift Ideas from Our Music Director Bobbie Barajas
- Go Local for the Holidays! Charlottesville Shopping Ideas
- Puzzled for Presents? Here's George Maida's Gift Giving Smorgasbord
- Gift Ideas for Someone Who Has Everything
You can follow Virginia Home Grown on Facebook here. Get updates on the show, see and share photos of gorgeous flowers and veggies, get extra tips on gardening and plants and connect with other garden lovers.