The Richmond Folk Festival
Once again, Richmond’s public radio station, 88.9 WCVE, will broadcast live from the Richmond Folk Festival, October 11–13. This means that, in addition to the 200,000+ people who attend the Festival in person, thousands more will be able to hear the music from the Altria stage (see the schedule of performances below). Tune in to 88.9 FM or stream the performances on your computer, tablet or smartphone starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday, October 11th.
In addition to broadcasting the performances, we’ll have a tent set up near the Altria stage. If you plan to attend the Folk Festival in person, stop by and say hello. We’ll have program information, giveaways and 88.9 WCVE hats, available while supplies last.
Richmond Folk Festival live on 88.9 WCVE
Our station will provide the only full-length broadcast coverage of the event with large blocks of special programming from the Altria Stage all weekend long.
Friday 6:30-10:00 p.m.
- 6:30-7:30 Alex Meixner Band (polka)
- 7:45-8:45 Aurelio Martinez (Garifuna)
- 9:00-10:00 Stooges Brass Band (New Orleans)
Saturday Noon-5:00 p.m.
- 12:00-12:45 The Dardanelles (Newfoundland)
- 1:00-1:45 Abdoulaye Diabaté & Super Mande (Mali)
- 2:00-2:45 Nathalie Pires (Portuguese fado)
- 3:00-3:45 Lurrie Bell Blues Band (blues)
- 4:00-5:00 Spanish Harlem Orchestra (salsa dura)
Sunday Noon-6:00 p.m.
- 12:00-12:45 James King Band (bluegrass)
- 1:00-1:45 Marshall Ford Swing Band (western swing)
- 2:00-2:45 The Brotherhood Singers (a cappella gospel quartet)
- 3:00-3:45 Yves Lambert Trio (Québécois)
- 4:00-4:45 The Prusinowski Trio (music of Central Poland)
- 5:00-6:00 Mighty Sam McClain (soul/R&B)