You’re Invited to Explore the Outdoors!
Come join the fun with the Community Idea Stations, Science Matters and Chesterﬁeld County Parks and Recreation. From nature walks to outdoor investigations, families, friends, and neighbors are invited to participate in hands-on experiences that encourage kids to learn about science. The day will feature 40+ local organizations who specialize in outdoor activities for families. This community event is free and open to the public.
Explore the Outdoors parking will be held at Huguenot Park. Event activities will take place in the park and on the grounds of the Community Idea Stations adjacent to the park. The station studios will be open for tours and kids will have a chance to meet Curious George plus see themselves on TV.
When: Sunday, April 28, 2013 at 1:00-5:00 p.m. • Rain 0r Shine
Where: Huguenot Park • 10901 Robious Road • North Chesterﬁeld, VA 23235
Questions: Call the Community Idea Stations at (804) 320.1301
What all can you do at Explore the Outdoors?
- Get up close and personal with live owls, raptors and reptiles
- Take a hike on the trails of Huguenot Park and learn about trees and animal tracks
- Go on Bug Walks and uncover all kinds of bugs
- Discover hidden Geocaches
- Try your hand at Archery
- Climb a tree with a special guide
- Play fishing games and try Stand up Paddleboarding-on dry land
- Make lots of nature-based arts and crafts
- Join a group recycled art project
- Learn all about bees and how to identify birds and their songs
- Have fun playing lots of outdoor games
- Play with kayaks and climbing gear
- Make and fly a kite
- Meet Smokey the Bear, Curious George and a Mermaid
- And much, much more!
Online and Mobile Resources for Families
Kids can continue their exploration online with outdoor themed games, activities and videos available on PBSKIDS.org/outdoors and through the PBS KIDS Video App.
Parents can also find activities from the on-air episodes, listings for PBS KIDS Day in the Park events, and ideas and resources to explore the outdoors anytime on PBSParents.org/outdoors.